New Berm

Moderators: ratboy, vudu

wddamf

New Berm

Post by wddamf » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:22 pm

I built a new berm today after work - go easy on it till it firms up. I need to add about 4 more feet to it to completely finish it off (ran out of time). Feel free to add to it if anybody is interested in doing a little shovel work. When this one's finished, we need to pile dirt on the limestone berm at Rat Tail so it's not like riding on marbles!

As a side benefit, the AR racers also gained a new obstacle in the way of a 4' deep hole that they can fall of into while short-cutting the trail! :twisted:
Dan Dickerson

"George is gettin' upset!!!"

ratboy

Re: New Berm

Post by ratboy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:37 pm

rode the berm tonight and went into to hit hard it is holding good. we need more of those in the trail.
Eric

stu

Post by stu » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:57 am

It seems as though there are some natural berms building on the out trail (just before you get to original one before the turn-around). It may be easy to build up on some of these.

vudu

Post by vudu » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:23 am

hey dan, job well done. it was a nice surprise addition yesterday.
What we have here, little yellow sister, is a magnificent specimen of pure Alabama Blacksnake. But it ain't too goddamned beau coup.

8-ball
http://www.laxcseries.com

vtrider

Post by vtrider » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:19 pm

Awesome, we need a few more like that!

Steve

SULLY

Post by SULLY » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Crosstown, Ryis (sp), and I built up a pretty large berm on S. Canada. It is about 30 feet long and about a foot and half high. Please do not ride it hard until the dirt dries. We are planning on building a similar one right before it on the first turn of the S. Crosstown and I also put another berm in on the new section dan cut a few weeks ago. That one could use a little more work. It needs to be extended on both ends. Crosstown is going to to try and do that next weekend.
And then it came time to descend Mountain Lion trail. Descending mountain lion is like drinking a Margarita through a crazy straw on a trampoline. It's like giving a dog Pop Rocks. It's like a knife fight with a monkey. It's like necking with an octopus. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=301909

wddamf

Post by wddamf » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:32 pm

Thanks for the effort!! I added another 75 yards or so to the "new loop" this afternoon and roughed in the next 50'ish yards.
Dan Dickerson

"George is gettin' upset!!!"