April work day

Moderators: ratboy, vudu

vtrider

April work day

Post by vtrider » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:28 am

Eric has plans for a re-route for work day, I had some other issues that need to be done also. I don't know where the re-route is that he is talking about but we need to continue spraying, fix to wet spots that stay after rain and brace small bridge that Justin repaired for us in the field also.

Steve

1ridindirty

Re: April work day

Post by 1ridindirty » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:55 pm

Hey Steve,

We rode yesterday and its near the back of the trail, headed out. There's a serious ledge that has been there for a while and it's steady getting worse over time. Eric took out some time to kind of look things over with Cody on the re-route and it'll be nice like the other re-route everyone spent time on. I would say this is probably priority over any other project and I'm sure others will agree.

There's also a berm that a few of us have been discussing that would be a great addition. It's located in the front near the first set of gratings as you make a hard right turn with a small tree located to the right. I know Cody, Rick, and Rhys along with myself have commented on the feasability of such. This could be a long term fix.

Thanks for all your continued work on the trail that makes things pleasurable for all, it's appreciated !

TimT that goes for you as well, Thanks !

Big Dave

TimT

Post by TimT » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:41 am

I'm with Big Dave I think a berm there would be pretty awesome. I also think that we need some berms at South Canada. Its a real pace killer.

Tim

vtrider

Post by vtrider » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:40 am

After last nights meeting we will meet @ dan's trail for 7:30am to go do re-route and also some spraying of the trail. Then we will brace up the bridge in the field that Justin repaired for us and call it a day around noon. Any one that can help please come the more help we get the sooner we can finish or some other issue can be fixed with some extra help.

Thanks, Steve

1ridindirty

Post by 1ridindirty » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:00 pm

Steve, Tim, I'll try to be there Sunday to help out with the re-route. Sorry I didn't make the meeting last night to partake, however, taxes took precedence !

We'll have a few guys out there today, ya'll come ride !
Last edited by 1ridindirty on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ratboy

Post by ratboy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:23 pm

BESIDES THE RE-ROUTE, THERE IS A TREE THAT IS REAL LOW AT THE END OF GAZZ THAT WE NEED TO REMOVE. THOSE ARE THE IMPORTANT THINGS. IT SHOULDN'T TAKE TOO LONG TO DO WITH THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF PEOPLE.
Eric

vudu

Post by vudu » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:31 pm

i'll be out there @7:00
What we have here, little yellow sister, is a magnificent specimen of pure Alabama Blacksnake. But it ain't too goddamned beau coup.

8-ball
http://www.laxcseries.com

1ridindirty

Post by 1ridindirty » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:12 pm

Lots accomplished this morning with the group of men that showed up today, Rick (aka FREDDY KRUGER), Steve (aka JASON), Alex, Rhys, Eric, Brent, Ryan, and ??? in case someone was missed. BAT (big ass tree) removed across the GAZZ exit, re-route completed (came out freakin nice), pepper ridge raised a little, general trail cleanup and weed spraying all happened.

Trail is really dry and very sandy.

Thanks to all that contributed !

Super Dave O

ratboy

Post by ratboy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:06 pm

yes thanks to all who showed up to help with the workday. everyone worked hard. we got alot done. the new re-route is sweet. should ride real good. again thank you to all who helped.
Eric

skubasteve

Post by skubasteve » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:04 am

Thanks for all the hard work guys. I was out of town for work (and 5 days of riding in Georgia and Tennessee) otherwise i would like to have been there. i plan to ride tomorrow around 630 if anyone else wants to join.