WORK DAY SUNDAY 1-16

Moderators: ratboy, vudu

vudu

WORK DAY SUNDAY 1-16

Post by vudu » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:49 am

This sunday's workday 1-16. Workday to begin at 8:00. It is possible that the bad weather and winds earlier this week, may have fallen some trees. We are expecting a trail report and will post conditions soon. A re-route is planned in the up-chuck section as well as the new add-on section that Eric has scouted. We will also look at the erosion problem and discuss the possible fixes to address this.

It has been decided upon that the old teeter bridge will be built back as a fixed bridge. This will give us a dry by-pass when water levels are up in that section. We will put together a material list needed to complete this project.

Items needed are shovels, rakes.. SEE YOU THERE
What we have here, little yellow sister, is a magnificent specimen of pure Alabama Blacksnake. But it ain't too goddamned beau coup.

8-ball
http://www.laxcseries.com

vudu

Re: WORK DAY SUNDAY 1-16

Post by vudu » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:18 am

just a reminder of tomorrow's work day!!! see you out there :D
What we have here, little yellow sister, is a magnificent specimen of pure Alabama Blacksnake. But it ain't too goddamned beau coup.

8-ball

stu

Post by stu » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Photos from today's workday here (there are some extra photos mixed in there for my Undergrad Research project - all of which you can use for whatever).

I know Ricky will have the full report and attendance shortly. It’s easy to see the amount of progress that gets done when we have such great support. Kudos to all members that stepped up to ADD another ¼ mile to the trail…!!! Anyone got a name for it, yet? Watch for the reroute after the turn-around also.

vudu

Post by vudu » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:37 pm

What a GREAT 1st workday of 2011!! Really good to see all of the old and new faces today.. In attendance were, Eric, Toby, Ryan, Cody, Dave, Kris, Rhys, Tim, Steve, Stu, Paul, Tim(new guy), Dimitri, Ricky. I sorry if I missed anyone..

Alot was done today. Steve and Stu cut a new reroute after the turn around too get us out of the mud. Tim built a new bridge before the F.F. Connection, affectionately named the "Honey-doo bridge" before joining the gang that was working on clearing 1/4 mile of Eric's new add-on trail. Cody, Dave and myself removed the Large vine hanging by the small gap jump in the front of the trail, did some shovel work on Brent's Speed Bump. Pulled the Teeter section to it's original location and worked up the material list for the bridge fix and moved the original up & over to the left of Tim's new up & over, offering an another crossing section.

By the time we had made it to the back, Eric had the new section pretty much cut out with the rented Trail buster. Ryan, Toby, Paul, Tim(new guy) were some chain sawing, machete swinging, McCloud pounding fools. At 1 point all 13 of us working knocking this section out. On Kris's way out he built up the berm in S. Canada. Stu's pics came out nice showing off the new section.

After the work was done, Steve, Rhys, Tim(new Guy) and myself road lap, then 1 faster one without Steve.

The trail is in great shape right now. With the expected rain this week it will help the new section pack in.

Again, Thanks to all those who showed up.. Can't wait til this weekend to ride!!

8-ball

mynameismud

Post by mynameismud » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:40 am

We received a generous donation yesterday of about 70, 6ft by 8" round pressure treated posts. Hopefully they will help with the bridge project and anything else. Jason and I are working on a little project and plan on using about 30-35 but the rest are free for use. We stashed them just inside the entrance at Dan's trail yesterday (should have brought more help). I'm working on some pieces of grating, about 12'x3', next but might need some help getting them to the trail.

B