Work day after flooding

Moderators: ratboy, vudu

vtrider

Work day after flooding

Post by vtrider » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:45 am

Do we need to organize a work day or go through the trail to make a list of what needs to be repaired, replaced or cleared , cut and rerouted this Sunday. I know we are planning a ride in BR but is it more important to assess damage to trail and begin a plan to get it back now or is it to early? What are every ones thoughts on this?

Steve

TimT

Re: Work day after flooding

Post by TimT » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:37 pm

I'd give it 2 weeks at least to dry some. You could chain saw some of the trees but I don't know how you would move them . In some places the mud is at least 8 inches deep. From what I saw the small A frame bridge is gone needs a complete rebuild. The up ramp on the berm bridge needs to be set back in place. the return bridge at the pipe line floated over to the tree line and needs to be set back in place. Its in one piece so about 8 people or so is needed to pick it up. All the other bridges are in good shape. Mcgyvers berm is f'ed up. man that's going to suck getting it back in place. I lost count of trees on the trail. All the supplies that we tied down is still there (yea for boy scout knot tieing skills). I might go out this weekend for a bit and chain saw some.

Tim

mynameismud

Post by mynameismud » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:39 pm

I agree with Tim, I think we will do more harm than good going in any sooner than a couple of weeks.

Don't worry I have a plan to get the berm fixed, just need it to dry up a little.

B

TimT

Post by TimT » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:59 am

I'm going out there Saturday with a chain saw. Around 10ish as I have kid stuff in the morning. Maybe some on Sunday too I have to see how things pan out.

Tim