Working on the trail Sat.

Moderators: ratboy, vudu

TimT

Working on the trail Sat.

Post by TimT » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:00 am

I'll be at the trail on Saturday around 7ish. I'm just chain sawing downed trees on the trail not doing any clearing. Plan is to start at Dan's trail and work back to GAZZ. Also I'm going to do a survey to help plan for a club work day coming up.

Tim

TimT

Re: Working on the trail Sat.

Post by TimT » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:29 pm

Started at Dans trail and went to GAZZ then jumped to the in bound trail and worked back to a bit past the Gauntlet jumped back over to the out bound trail and worked back to Dan's trail, Cut trees until I ran out of time. Did NOT get to the turn around. So the Hammer is completely fubar and will have to be redone. Lost some of the out bound trail and will have to reroute parts or shore up the bank with sand bags. Lots of dirt deposits on the trail and some in places we don't want.

The parish opened up the parking lot the boat ramp and the pavilion are still closed.

The rain we've had this week is not helping there is standing water in places and lots of mud. DO NOT park down at the toe of the levee. I saw a white Ford truck stuck at the bottom of it at the pipe line.

Lost count of the spider webs. Big ones too. Bring a stick or machete with you to knock them down.

]Bridges
Kufu bridge is missing 1 2x4 cross board and the transitions have to be redone
Berm bridge has to have the up ramp put back in place and the transitions redone
The A frame bridge by the teter totter bridge will have to be rebuilt from scratch
Long inbound bridge at he Pipe Line right after Redneck By Pass. Floated out of position and is in tact over by the tree line needs to be put back in place.
All other bridges are in place and in good shape except for the transitions
We got lucky on the bridges and the spikes worked.

My suggestions for the work day is to repair all the bridges and push the logs that I've cut out of the way. Also clear out the debris that is on the trail. Bring rakes and shovels and pruning shears plus what ever to fix bridges (hammer and nails)

Tim

vudu

Re: Working on the trail Sat.

Post by vudu » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:26 pm

Thanks Tim... really appreciate the time you have spent out there...
What we have here, little yellow sister, is a magnificent specimen of pure Alabama Blacksnake. But it ain't too goddamned beau coup.

8-ball
http://www.laxcseries.com