August 5 workday

Moderators: ratboy, vudu

mynameismud

August 5 workday

Post by mynameismud » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:08 pm

Just in case anyone didn't see it on the Facebook page, there is a workday this Sunday, the 5th for some much needed repairs. We will be there for 7:30 and the trail will be CLOSED to riders during work. Remember you don't have to be a club member to help out.
Thanks,
Bryan

Todd AKA TAZ

Re: August 5 workday

Post by Todd AKA TAZ » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Hey Brian, do I need to bring anything with me to help out? Tools ect...also, how long will the work take place? Does anyone plan to ride afterwards? I'm not a member yet but plan to be joining next meeting! As well racing in the clear creek challenge and the comite...I'm looking forward to helping out and meeting some of the other members!
FAILURE is an option, overcoming it is a CHOICE!

vudu

Post by vudu » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:16 pm

Taz, welcome to the forum.. We appreciate all those who can come and help.. items to bring.. WATER, Bug repellant, gloves, machete or weed eater but more importantly YOU.. Hope to see you there..

Bryan and I went out to check the trail today.. depending on the turnout...the work day will consist of weed eating and spraying the pipeline, repairing the return bridge in the pipeline, shovel work to repair ruts and chainsaw 2 trees (one is completely down and blocking the trail, about 100yds past the 5 minutes alone sign and 1 that is leaning over the trail between the 8th wonder and the club house berms).. pics provided to show conditions..
IMG_4114.jpg
IMG_4759.jpg
IMG_2976.jpg
IMG_8451.jpg

Hopefully, with a good turnout we can finish early and ride.. Again, this depends on any rain we receive during the rest of the week..
What we have here, little yellow sister, is a magnificent specimen of pure Alabama Blacksnake. But it ain't too goddamned beau coup.

8-ball
http://www.laxcseries.com

Todd AKA TAZ

Post by Todd AKA TAZ » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:50 pm

I will be there! I will bring weed eater and other tools and equipment with me! I will have shovels as well! My chain saws (2 of them) are both in the shop but i do have cutters i will bring as well! Look forward to meeting you all....
FAILURE is an option, overcoming it is a CHOICE!

vudu

Post by vudu » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Thanks to those who made it out to today's workday and braved the heat and rain.. Ryan, Tim, Clint, Cody, Dudley, MacGyver, Shawn, Alex, Ricky..

The pipeline has been cutback, Bridge has been repaired, 2 downed trees removed.. We will be spraying the pipeline when it dries out later this week.
IMG_8299.jpg
IMG_5424.jpg
IMG_5721.jpg
What we have here, little yellow sister, is a magnificent specimen of pure Alabama Blacksnake. But it ain't too goddamned beau coup.

8-ball
http://www.laxcseries.com