Saturday, September 8

Moderators: ratboy, vudu

ratboy

Saturday, September 8

Post by ratboy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:43 am

This Saturday after work I will be heading to the trail to begin cutting trees trying get the trail clear I get off work at 4 o'clock it will Hedgetree to the trailhead if anyone can meet me there it would be greatly appreciated.
Eric

ratboy

Re: Saturday, September 8

Post by ratboy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:01 pm

The trail is in pretty bad shape. It will need alot of work in the weeks to come. There are many trees down, as well as tons of debris. If anyone can go tomorrow, we ended at Dan's trail going in a clockwise direction. Just worry about getting the trees removed for right now. Then we can work on the rest. The berms in South Canada will need alot of work. But like I said, lets focus on getting the
trees out of the way first.
On another note, I would like to thank William Horvath, Donna Simms, Shawn Hebert, Benjamin Thiesse, Rhys Kinler, Dudley Webre Jr, and Philip Hebert for the help with the trail work this afternoon. Everyone worked hard and dealt with the rain and the mosquito's and got alot of work done .
Thank you guys for all the hard work.

Also, we have our club meeting this coming Wednesday for 7pm at Rotolo's in Metairie. I hope to see everyone there.
    Eric

ratboy

Re: Saturday, September 8

Post by ratboy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:42 pm

As of today, all of the trees have been cleared from the trail. This does not mean that it is ride-able. There is a ton of debris that has to be removed from the trail. To do this, blowers and rakes would be the main tools used. Now remember, this is the whole trail, 5.5 miles worth.
    I would like to thank Lou, Shawn Hebert, Benjamin Thiesse, and Brent Fay for all their help out there today.
    Eric