Saturday

Moderators: ratboy, vudu

TimT

Re: Saturday

Post by TimT » Tue May 18, 2010 8:42 pm

Monkey
Any time you want to try my 29 IGH belt drive let me know. So far I like very much. Smooth and near instant shifting.
Stu
Fire XC Pro 2.125. If I were to do it again my from wheel would be a Sun or WTB 27mm rim and the widest tire I can find. I went with the Alex and the Fire XC front and back mainly because I wanted a direct comparison. The 26" set up was a Fire XC Pro and a Sun DS-1 rim which is the same width. Between the 2 the 650B is by far the better riding over all. Smoother in the chatter bumps and more sure in the corners. Like all big wheels it doesn't exit a corner as fast as a 26".
I'm pretty much stuck with the narrow wheel /tire combo in the rear due to chain stay clearance issues. If I had a steel frame I'd fix that in a hurry but the PUSS is aluminum.Also on a side note. If you check out any 650B specific frame its probably not much different then a 26" frame sitting next to it. Except for tire clearance the geometry is pretty much the same. case in point Stu compared the Bianchi frame he has to a Soma B side.

TT (virtual):

B-SIDE = 597mm

MUSS = 593mm

TT (actual):

B-SIDE = 572mm

MUSS = 570mm

Chainstay

B-SIDE = 429mm

MUSS = 425mm

Wheelbase:

B-SIDE = 1069mm

MUSS = 1064mm

Standover:

B-SIDE = 30.35”

MUSS = 30”

Not much difference. I think what a 650B does offer is a chance to go real cheap to a big wheel bike. Amy time any one wants to try out my wheels drop me a line and we'll hook up.

Tim

vudu

Post by vudu » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:42 pm

riding in the morning.. hitting the trail @ 7:00 riding the first lap backwards 8)
What we have here, little yellow sister, is a magnificent specimen of pure Alabama Blacksnake. But it ain't too goddamned beau coup.

8-ball
http://www.laxcseries.com

Kris

Post by Kris » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:20 am

Anyone riding tomorrow morning? I'm in!!!
Kris - Crazy Dane
--
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was.
Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me."

vudu

Post by vudu » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:28 am

i got permission... :D will be out there for daybreak!
What we have here, little yellow sister, is a magnificent specimen of pure Alabama Blacksnake. But it ain't too goddamned beau coup.

8-ball

ratboy

Post by ratboy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:34 am

I'm there
Eric

Lets_Ride

Post by Lets_Ride » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:58 am

I don't need permission yet, but she will be back next week. See ya'll out there!

Oh. And I will be riding Selma!
SS/HT/FS/RD (Anything on two wheels)

Ryan

ratboy

Post by ratboy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:49 pm

whos up for this saturday morning?
Eric

Kris

Post by Kris » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:45 pm

I'll try to be there... Need to get some real trail mileage in again.
Kris - Crazy Dane
--
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was.
Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me."

vudu

Post by vudu » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:16 pm

i'll be there for 6:45

8-ball

vudu

Post by vudu » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:23 pm

this morning's ride was great, "Dawn Patrol" was in full effect .. had a nice turnout... trail is awesome shape... there are a few holes from some horses that must have been out there earlier this week. :evil:

with the weather we are having, it makes riding great.. seems to open up the nasal cavities.. if you have ever had the opportunity to ride behind Big Dave, then you can really appreciate his skill of blowing a SNOT ROCKET.. for those of you that have not mastered this skill, i found this article that demonstrates proper technique..

until next ride...AMF
CCF04122010_00000.jpg

8-ball

1ridindirty

Post by 1ridindirty » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:52 pm

Like my buddies at NASA would say : HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM ! If these guys saw my snot rockets they'd definitely call for a DEFCON 5 condition,,, :lol:

As Sir 8-Ball aka VUDU states the trail was freaking awesome with a large turnout of unfamiliar riders,,, keep riding people !

Hey VUDU thanks for posting up that article that I had published in THE MTB/ROAD STREET JOURNAL, that I submitted several years back when I was do the cross country trek from El Paso,Texas to New Orleans via HWY 90, man what a freaking adventure !

There was a Taco stand that we stopped at North of Victoria Texas that I highly recommend,,, I think the name of it was JULIO's Flying Burrito's,,, check it out if ever down there ! The Chaluppas and Chimmy Chongas were freaking dynamite,,,,,

For todays' editorial
El Grande' Davide

vudu

Post by vudu » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:35 pm

Riding in the morning. 7:00

8-ball

1ridindirty

Post by 1ridindirty » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:07 pm

VuDu, Surfs Up ! Dawn Patrol in Fool Force,,,

The Goon Platoon will be there, thanks for the heads up !

Big Wave