Mardi AUGUST 10th Afternoon Ride-EDITED

Moderators: ratboy, vudu

1ridindirty

Mardi AUGUST 10th Afternoon Ride-EDITED

Post by 1ridindirty » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:09 pm

Fellow MTB'ers

Planning on a afternoon ride tomorrow after work,,, 4ish, or get there when you can. Stu and Ricky should be there, Cody may be out for a few more days, Sully and Rhys try to make it,,, Hopefully the weather cooperates, dang its HOT today.

See ya'll there,

Big Wave Dave

SULLY

Re: Mardi AUGUST 3RD Afternoon Ride

Post by SULLY » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:02 pm

I'll do my best. I will try and get the wife to come too.
And then it came time to descend Mountain Lion trail. Descending mountain lion is like drinking a Margarita through a crazy straw on a trampoline. It's like giving a dog Pop Rocks. It's like a knife fight with a monkey. It's like necking with an octopus. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=301909

stu

Post by stu » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:14 pm

It's a 102° right now in Houma :shock:, I don't know if it's any cooler in Norco?

If this is the pattern for tomorrow at 4ish, I'll pull a Tim "Puss" and soak up the A/C until 6:30ish. :lol:

1ridindirty

Post by 1ridindirty » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Hey Stu, I hear ya, currently 101.9 deg F, just got off the levee for my daily 20m trek and yea, it's one HOT mutha !

I hope I don't weenie out due to the intense heatwave. I know 4:00 pm is early, however to cross the river to come home for an hour or so makes no sense, so I'll suffer the heat instead as long as I can.

A couple of compadres from work are suppose to show, if they don't weenie out either. :mrgreen:

Be Cool, Big Wave Dave

SULLY

Post by SULLY » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:26 pm

Can't make it. Our extra bike's seatpost won't be in till the 4th and the spare I have doesn't fit. See you and the dawn patrol Sat.
And then it came time to descend Mountain Lion trail. Descending mountain lion is like drinking a Margarita through a crazy straw on a trampoline. It's like giving a dog Pop Rocks. It's like a knife fight with a monkey. It's like necking with an octopus. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=301909

stu

Post by stu » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:03 am

BWD - You'll miss the post-ride watermelon festivities with the rest of us. I think everyone is shooting for 6ish or later.

Sully - What size post do you need? I'm sure someone has what you need.

TimT

Post by TimT » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:48 am

Maybe just maybe. I've got family stuff to do.(funeral :( ) But I might be able to make it.

Tim

1ridindirty

Post by 1ridindirty » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:57 am

I like Melons,,,, If its too HOT, I'm bowing out,,, Later Platoon !

Big Wave

SULLY

Post by SULLY » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:07 am

I need a seat post clamp. The one i swapped out with you is a hair too small, and the one I ordered won't be in until the 4th. It is too late now though, I would have had to loaded my bike up before work, but if we do it again next Tues, I should be in good shape.

stu

Post by stu » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:33 am

Yeah, I could have grabbed your old one so you could ride. I had to jam some shims around the frame to get that clamp to fit too.

1ridindirty

Post by 1ridindirty » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:05 am

Bon Jour,

Look if the weather stays " as is " it'll be nice this afternoon, we are currently under an overcast condition that will ultimately keep the outside temperatures at bay, below triple digits. DON'T BE SKEERED !

If it rains, I'll post that up before the days end.

NO RAIN AS OF 2:30,,, It should be nice without the Sun beaming !

Au Revoir,

Big Wave Dave

1ridindirty

Post by 1ridindirty » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:19 pm

Got 3 laps in this afternoon, one with a workmate that just started riding, one with the group from Marathon Oil, which by the way had a good representation of 5 riders, Kane and his group. Did a quick lap with Brent F, and then was spent for the day.

Stu, Rhys, and Ricky showed up around 6:00, probably the smarter thing to do, however with the current ambients what does a couple degrees matter, HOT is HOT. Brandon "SUPERFLY" Morvant was present as well getting in some leg time.

So all in all, there was a strong contingency of riders that showed today.

Trail is really dry, sandy and dusty,,, a little rain would not hurt the trail at all.

Thanks to the crew/platoon for keeping the trail clean and clear from debris, what a pleasure to ride,,, Merci Beaucoup !

Au Revoir,,,

Big Wave Dave

stu

Post by stu » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:06 am

BWD you missed one helluva of a good ride. And contraire to belief, the 6pm-8pm window temps gets cooler as the light fades add a brisk evening breeze and I would say it is the optimum time for riding this time of year. By far my best ride all summer and we rode up to darkness. Thereafter inhaling that delicious juicy watermelon (Ricky knows melons). :mrgreen:

On roll call: Stu, Ricky, Rhys, Brandon, Scott Borne, John, Tippy, (don’t know the other guy), a beginner that Ricky talked to that broke his chain and gave him a club brochure, and our new friend Navy Joe that Ricky and I ran across on MTBR.

Trail is sandy – sandy, really hairy in some corners. :!: We did sort of a recon lap for the first which made the 2nd & 3rd better because we knew where the bad spots were. A few spots are like riding through a kid’s sandbox – loose and deep. Very dusty as BWD said. But overall clear – no face slappers, etc. The spraying seems to be taking from Saturday too.

stu

Post by stu » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:08 pm

He's B-A-C-K, how much rain did the trail take yesterday/today? Blue skies and cool summer breezes in Florida, didn't see a drop a rain until I got back to Lousyana. I'm on the fence on riding tomorrow afternoon but might can be convinced, I need to know early so I can drop off kiddo by my parent's since she is spending the day with Kool-Moe D-addy. Got to go get a new mower and get the yard straight and pick up books for school. T-minus 7 days until the Fall semester begins, gotta get out and play while I can. :mrgreen:

Heads up, Labor Day (or Sunday b4) ride at UWF trails in Pensacola if anyone might be interested...

1ridindirty

Re: Mardi AUGUST 10th Afternoon Ride-EDITED

Post by 1ridindirty » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:51 am

Here's the deal e o,

Lots of rain in NORCO yesterday, so there will be standing water in the typical low areas, however, I believe the trail can take a good bit of rain and dry rather quickly due to the dry conditions and the heatwave we've been experiencing.

Personally I'd ride Wednesday or Thursday allowing the trail a chance to recover from the monsoon we had come through here yesterday,,,,,,,,,, Welcome Back Stu !

'cause " I'm a RidinDirty "

Grande Vague Davide'
BIG WAVE DAVE