Intro and a good laugh together

Moderators: ratboy, vudu

Justsomeguy

Intro and a good laugh together

Post by Justsomeguy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:14 pm

Im kevin. Went to the trail for the first time today with my girlfriend and a buddy. Had a blast. But also had some spills. First i hit a stump and didnt see with my front wheel and go over the handle bars. We all laughed. The my gf hit the little plank bridge next to the water, gets nervous and decides she wants to go for a swim. She was ok. Cut her finger but nothing bad. We laughed histarically at that. She laughed to so we knew she was alright. Then we get to s. Canada. We all hit it fine the first time. I think nervousness kept me on the bike. I hit it a second time cuz it was fun. But i was a little to confident probably. I hit it a second time but way to fast, went over the ramp and faceplanted in the dirt and a bunch of sticks. I broke a brake lever assembly on my bike and bruised my thigh but i was still laughing. It was fun even though i was in the brush. Lol... but anway. Thought id introduce myself and say hi.

Lets_Ride

Re: Intro and a good laugh together

Post by Lets_Ride » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi Kevin.

Glad you had a good time. Welcome to NO. Sorry we missed you but we were all racing in Baton Rouge. Feel free to join us (no obligation) at our Club Meeting at Rotolo's on Vets on Wednesday night. I am sure some of us will be riding on Sat morning and I know we will be having a work day on Sunday to get ready for the Race of the Dead. This is our Single Speed, night race although this year we are going to allow geared bikes. It is on 10/27 and is really fun. Our electronics whiz rigs the trail with all sorts of strobes and sirens and other halloween surprises.

Keep an eye on this forum although our facebook page (NOMAMBO) is a lot more active.

we look forward to meeting you and sharing a lot more laughs

Ryan
SS/HT/FS/RD (Anything on two wheels)

Ryan

Justsomeguy

Post by Justsomeguy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Awesome. Ill check and see if my work schedule allows me to make it. I think i wanna raide the trail a coupme more times to learn it better before i hit it at night though. Lol... ill check out the facebook page

That's us

Post by That's us » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Lol, sounds like you guys had a good ole time! Super glad nobody was seriously injured. I've had the same results riding out at the spillway, try it once and see how much fun it could be, then get a bit more 'ballsy' and try it again w more speed and disaster! The more you ride out there the easier it will be (as with any trail).

So Ryan how did u at the baton rouge battle?
"there's someone in my head, but it's not me" R. Waters