6 Hour Races at The Beast?

Charley Rome
BRAMBA Member

Re: 6 Hour Races at The Beast?

Post by Charley Rome » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:14 pm

Beast Racers,

If you are tired of the wet weather and the mud, tomorrow should be the cure. The weather will be perfect, and it should be a fine day for riding and racing.

I marked the course this afternoon. The trail is in wonderful shape. The traction tomorrow should be great.

Registration is from 8 am to 9:15. The race starts at 9:30. Don't forget to renew and/or bring your USA Cycling license. I bought ten gallons of water for the race. That might not be enough, so bring some water and food you will need during the race.

Does anyone have a table or two they can bring?

My cell is (225) 933-6495 if you need to call.

Tomorrow will be a good one, so don't miss it!
If you can't be fast, at least have fun.

Charley Rome
BRAMBA Member

Beast Race Results 2-2-2013

Post by Charley Rome » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:11 pm

We had 12 intrepid spirits brave The Beast Trail for 6 Hours on Saturday. Contrary to the concerns of some, all 12 racers competed without serious injury to life or limb. The weather and trail were PERFECT!!! A big thanks to everyone who came and raced on Saturday!

The results are shown below. I didn't have the ages for a couple of the racers. Please send me your age if you would like it included in the results. Please let me know if I have misspelled anyone's name or if you notice any other problems with the results.

I want to give a BIG thanks to folks who worked on the trail prior to the race and who volunteered during the race. Wayne Cox, Jeff Vaughan, Jason Evers, and Blair Krogh put in dozens of hours prior to the race getting the trail in tiptop shape. Mike Collier, Travis Hill, and John Wild helped out on race day to keep things running smoothly.

I plan to officially submit the race results to USA Cycling tomorrow or Wednesday after I make sure everything is correct. Please let me know about any problems or concerns with the results as soon as possible.
Attachments
Beast 666 Results 2-2-13.jpg

Charley Rome
BRAMBA Member

Post by Charley Rome » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:28 pm

I forgot to put the teams of racers on the results. I will update the results and add team names asap.

Charley Rome
BRAMBA Member

Post by Charley Rome » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:11 pm

We are cancelling the last 6 Hour race at the Beast scheduled for 1/16/13. On Saturday twelve adventurous riders showed it is possible and safe to ride The Beast for at least 6 Hours. We got into this sport to test our physical and mental limits on bikes. The Beast gave use all we wanted on a glorious Saturday.

My only regret is that He Who Shall Remain Nameless did not accept my personal invitation to race. I would have enjoyed whipping him on a trail he considers his personal property. I built it, I named it, and now I OWN IT!

That's us

Post by That's us » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:55 pm

:lol:
Go Charlie Go!
Gotta give props to Mr Wayne Cox for all the bridges he's build out there though ;)
"there's someone in my head, but it's not me" R. Waters