Next TM day: March 22nd at Comite

ripniner
Officer

Next TM day: March 22nd at Comite

Post by ripniner » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:04 pm

Reminder: this Saturday is an official bona fide BRAMBA/BREC trail maintenance day. Oh boy! That's right kids... here's a chance to show some love to our trails and help with some badly needed work. As if we didn't have enough troubles with drainage and wet trail riding, we've got some beavers making a real "dam" mess of the trails at Hooper. We could sure use some help.

Comite trails will be CLOSED from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM for the SAFETY of trail users and workers alike. Post has already been made to the LMBCS FB page to inform racers who want to pre-ride the trail.

Trail volunteers should arrive at 8:00 AM at Comite wearing sturdy footwear, long sleeves and pants, leather gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection if using loud equipment. Safety first!

traildead

Re: Next TM day: March 22nd at Comite

Post by traildead » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:55 am

I haven't been to Comite since the last trailwork day, but I do plan to be out there again this Saturday. Should I bring my blower again? I don't mind going over it again, if it can use it, but it would be awesome if someone else could meet me in the middle.

Robin
Officer

Re: Next TM day: March 22nd at Comite

Post by Robin » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:59 am

If not a lot of trouble - I'd bring it out,(in case part of Yvette's plan) but may not need. Trail pretty clear of leaves and debris right now. Have some low hanging vines/face slappers that need attention and a couple of areas need some dirt work done, so maybe bring a shovel.
Robin
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness". - Dave Barry