Reminder - June TM day will be SUNDAY June 29th at Comite

ripniner
Officer

Reminder - June TM day will be SUNDAY June 29th at Comite

Post by ripniner » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:23 am

We have trail maintenance needs at both Comite and Hooper trails, but more work to be done at Comite. This month's TM day will be on a SUNDAY so that the Saturday workers have a chance to show their trails some love.

Comite trail will be CLOSED on SUNDAY June 29th from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM for the SAFETY of the volunteers and trail workers alike. I will have my German Shepherd Dog with me and he thinks that people who brazenly ignore all the "trail closed" signs are tasty. Just saying.

We have a good deal of dirt work to do at Comite and Hooper so please bring your shovels and Macloeds. We have the usual overgrowth to cut back so bring loppers and weed whackers. Please wear long pants, long sleeves, sturdy footwear and bring thick leather gloves. Eye protection and ear plugs also for those working with weed whackers. Bring water and snacks because it's going to be HOT.

We will also need to spread gravel in one area that has gotten eroded. You know those guys and gals who insist that running and riding on wet trails don't damage the trails? Their powers of levitation are on the fritz so we need to fix the mess they left for us.

We have work to do at both Comite and Hooper so a good turnout would be appreciated, especially from those folks who have been clamoring for a Sunday TM day all along. Show up and love your trails!

-Trail Dominatrix