STORM CLEAN UP 4/30/15 AND 5/2/15

Robin
Officer

STORM CLEAN UP 4/30/15 AND 5/2/15

Post by Robin » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:58 am

Impromptu Work Day! TODAY 4/30/15
From Burns Decker, BREC's Trail Manager: Hooper is too wet to open. Comite is drier but there are a lot of downed trees and limbs. The trail will have to be cleared before it can be opened. I got a little progress made today with cutting. There is much more for me to cut but those wanting to help can bring loppers and roll large logs aside , clear limbs and sticks from the trail. BREC rules do not allow non-employees to use chainsaw so I must do the cutting but help in the other areas is GREATLY appreciated. Leaf blowers are OK to use for the stick clearing.

BREC will not open the trails backup until we can clear them of the downed trees. Burns Decker will be out there today - starting at Comite from 3pm to 7pm. Hope some of you are able to come out today - last minute.
ALL extra hands welcome!!!
Robin
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness". - Dave Barry

Robin
Officer

Re: STORM CLEAN UP 4/30/15 AND 5/2/15

Post by Robin » Fri May 01, 2015 7:25 am

Big THANKS to Burns Decker who has worked his tail off with the chain saw the past two days. And thanks to all who were able to make tonight's Impromptu Work day, we were able to get quite a bit done. That being said - there is still work to be done to make Comite ride-able and no one has even been to Hooper or looked at the Connection trail yet so hands are still needed.
Next group's turn to aid Burns on Saturday.

Burns plans to be at Comite - SATURDAY at 8:00am.
Tonights Trail Angels included:
Burns Decker
Robin Gibb Diamond
Diana Gary Strebel
Allen Strebel
Alex Waller
Mark Koenig
Bob Walker
Garrett Wheat
Robin
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness". - Dave Barry