Tuesday Rabbit Ride (Trng. Race) 2015 Season!

Robin
Officer

Tuesday Rabbit Ride (Trng. Race) 2015 Season!

Post by Robin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:34 pm

Who's ready for a game of chase!?! If you are looking to build your endurance and speed then come join in this fun way to push yourself.
chase.jpg
chase.jpg (46.13 KiB) Viewed 6458 times
Do we have any Hunters looking to get extra laps in and able to start at 5:15pm? If so - then the chase will start at 5:15pm with Hunters (fast racer types) taking off at blazing speeds into the woods first. While I - and whoever else wants to be a Rabbit, will wait 15 mins before taking off at 5:30pm (also at blazing speeds). This ride stays at Comite and a lap will consist of everything out there (as currently marked) including X-trail "Off BREC property" the sandy Noose on X, The hilly/sandy side on the other side of the wall. and Skidmark and Newtons (though these two may be optional depending on who shows). Everyone is on the honor system NO SHORT CUTS unless agreed prior to the ride that a certain section will be cut. As the Rabbits get into their second lap, the Hunters (on their third) will no doubt start closing in for the catch! The Rabbit's goal for the season is to keep getting further and further along the trail - eventually making it to lap 3 before getting caught. Want to be a Hunter but not sure you have the fitness/speed just yet to lap the Rabbits?...then you can start at 5:45pm to join in the Chase. But be fair - do give the Rabbits a chance to get into the trail so we can get a workout in too and have time to at least get on our second lap before getting caught. Get caught and the game is over. Try to make it further along on the next one.

NOTE: Helmets are mandatory / Everyone rides at their own "fast" pace so Riders must know the trail or be able to stay with a ride buddy who does.
Robin
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness". - Dave Barry

Robin
Officer

Re: Tuesday Rabbit Ride (Trng. Race) 2015 Season!

Post by Robin » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:43 am

Opening Day - Rabbit Ride Recap:
Thump-thump...Thump-thump..Thump-thump...no....that is not the pitter patter of the rabbit's feet as they mill about the trail-head. THAT is the sound of their heart beats already starting to race before they even enter the trail...as the chase for their lives is about to begin! When the clock strikes - the rabbits bolt off into the woods, eyes wide with fear, nostrils flared as they gasp for air. The rabbits fly through the branches angling for positions in the pack...and all that can be heard is their heavy breathing. The wildlife around them seems to have stopped frozen in fear, feeling the racing hearts of the rabbits as they blow by. All surviving so far, they make it though the first lap.

Her heart is in her throat now and she must keep pushing as she knows the hunters will be closing in. Go...Go....Go...."oh little rabbit"...she glances back and sees the hunter who wears a halo of flames.... then KABLAM! she is flying through the air...then, tumbling, flipping and flopping (she's very dramatic) but before all goes black...with one last attempt at averting her enemy..she shouts out...there is one more rabbit up ahead.............blink, blink.....stars flashing through her eyes....blink blink....she comes too discovering tis but a flesh wound and she starts to dust herself off when there he is...The hunter with the devilish grin and glimmer in his eye that only seems to say...I've got you now! He flashes his perfect smile..."Anyone up for some Rabbit stew?"

Players: Hunter with halo of flames = Ben Allen, Grinning Hunter = Donnie Rowland; Rabbit who lived to see another day = Seth Schexnayder, Rest of the pack: Robin Gibb Diamond, Allen Strebel, Diana Gary Strebel, Bob Walker, DJ, Kade Babin, and Heath. Hunters grabbing the leftovers: Kyle Alan Peveto and Erik Toups
Robin

Robin
Officer

Post by Robin » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:07 pm

rabbit season.jpg
TUESDAY RABBIT RIDE IS ON!
Per request - (gonna push the time back a smidge)
1st group of Hunters roll at 5:30pm
Rabbits roll at 5:40pm
2nd group of Hunters roll at 5:55pm
Robin

Robin
Officer

Post by Robin » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:35 pm

This Tuesday Rabbit Ride is cancelled due to Wet Trail Conditions.
Hope to see you next week!
Robin

Robin
Officer

Post by Robin » Mon May 04, 2015 6:33 pm

TUESDAY Group Ride:
So since we haven't really been riding all that much, how about we just do a good ole fashioned group ride tomorrow (and pick up the rabbit rides again next week).
This won't be like Thursday's casual ride - We will keep a good pace and just re-group at the Bowl and at the end of each lap.
If you're in - Meet me at Comite for 5:30pm roll!
high-wheel-bicycle-club_900px.jpg
Robin

Robin
Officer

Post by Robin » Mon May 18, 2015 6:47 pm

Here comes the rain again
Falling on my head like a memory
Falling on my head like a new emotion
I want to ride in the open wind
I want to bike like friends do....(big giant sigh)...Again....No Tuesday Rabbit Ride
:(
Robin

Robin
Officer

Post by Robin » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:03 pm

Unfortunately we didn't get to enjoy much of a Rabbit Season this year. A BIG THANKS to those of you who came out to play my game of chase. On the days that we had it - it was a blast!

It is now that time of year when the Rabbit ride turns into SuperLoop Tuesdays!
Check the forum for details and come join the fun.
Robin