GROUP RIDE – CAMPOUT / RUSTON, LA 3/4-6/16

Robin
Officer

GROUP RIDE – CAMPOUT / RUSTON, LA 3/4-6/16

Post by Robin » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Who’s down for some LPP?!?

WHEN: MARCH 4-6, 2016 / Drive time from BR is 3:45 hours – Planning to head that way Friday afternoon so can arrive before sunset to set up camp.
WHERE: Lincoln Parrish Park 211 Parish Park Rd; Ruston, LA 71270 (318)251-5156
RIDE DISTANCE: 9 mile loop
RIDE LEVEL: Intermediate (due to climbing involved) but Beginner friendly in that there are shortcuts available.

DETAILS: Super fun trail with climbs, roots, fun descents, switchbacks, and creek crossings located in a truly beautiful park. May even get lucky to find the Dogwoods in bloom. Trail is well marked with short cut options, so easy to go out and just do your own ride – and then hook up with the group for some grub and brews around the campfire. If bringing the family is the only way you can come play then do it! Park has walking trails, fishing and a large play ground and beach for the kids to play on.

I currently have 4 camp sites reserved under my name (might be able to fit 2 tents – maybe 3 if small, on each site) so let me know if you’re in. Say it is a first come first serve deal –but it helps if you have a reservation – camp sites are 17.00/per night. Going to be so much fun!
lincoln-park-0.jpg
Robin
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness". - Dave Barry

ray m

Re: GROUP RIDE – CAMPOUT / RUSTON, LA 3/4-6/16

Post by ray m » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:28 pm

Any more details about the camping trip? What is needed for meals, bringing a dutch oven for cinnamon rolls can do other dishes in it also.
"Bicycles will abound in Utopia" H.G. Wells

Robin
Officer

Post by Robin » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:48 am

Great! Not much as been said yet about meals. Will try to get some talk started.

I'm hoping to lave work around 12-12:30pm (I will be packed) and head straight on up to Ruston to set up camp before it gets dark. I have some white beans in my freezer that I can bring. If someone wants to pre-cook some rice - we could heat all that up in your dutch oven. Others might not arrive until dark Friday night - others arriving Saturday.

Will gather up a list of confirmed people and get some meals planned.
Robin

Robin
Officer

Post by Robin » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:45 am

Confirmed: myself, Georgia Wilemon, Bob Walker, Jacob Oubre, Jason Huckaby, Ray Mitchell, Erik Toups and his 2 boys, all arriving Friday at various times. Cline is going up early Friday, and Bob and Nancy also going up early Friday but staying in a hotel.

Meal Ideas: Not sure about Friday night - since everyone is arriving at different times. I can pick up some boudin from Jerry Lees for breakfast burritos Saturday morning. And I have some white beans in my freezer that I can bring for Saturday night - (can heat up in Ray's dutch oven over the fire). Maybe make a salad to go with that? Or grill some chicken or sausage on the side? Open to other ideas....

Huck says he will bring tortillas and some pre-cooked rice.
Bob is bringing his grill
Robin