Gustav

lab rat

Re: Gustav

Post by lab rat » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:13 am

Burns, myself, and my little boy cut on the North Trail for a little while yesterday. To say the trails are bad is an understatement - we need all the help we can get and we have not even thought about Hooper yet. I hope to be out there for a little while today shortly after 5.

StompinStu

Post by StompinStu » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:26 am

Figured the trails got hammered. Glad to hear everyone is OK.

I got my power back Monday, and got my house in order last night. I will make it out there Saturday and/or Sunday and contribute. I don't have a chainsaw, but will see if I can rent one.

clay

Post by clay » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:06 pm

Is anyone going to working on the trails tommorow morning, or is the weather going to keep everyone at home?

ChixDigScars

Post by ChixDigScars » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:38 pm

are the trails even ridable yet? was gonna get a couple of laps in on Sunday. or should i just bring some off and a machete?
Is now a delicate roadie.
(sorry, I don't likes the dirty muds! :) :) :cry: :oops:

ray m

Post by ray m » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:58 pm

I don't think it will be ready by Sunday. I went out to work a little last sunday afternoon and was just overwelmed by the damage. there had been a lot of work done, but it appeared to need a lot more. I think it will be some time before the words fast and flowing are used to describe Comite again, but I have no doubt it will be back judging by the work done so far. As far as i know saturday is a planed work day, it may be possible to at least make it around by sunday.

Ray
"Bicycles will abound in Utopia" H.G. Wells

b.a.r.k.

Post by b.a.r.k. » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:10 am

Here is an idea for some of the downed trees.
Recycle, Reuse.

slowbrandon

Post by slowbrandon » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:50 am

The two that I saw on the trail are much larger and much higher than those in the pictures...

lab rat

Post by lab rat » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:45 pm

First of all, I agree with Brandon on the downed trees on our trail. I don't mind the ramp idea but it is going to take a lot of gravel or an alternate route. Secondly, Brandon, myself and Richard cleared the roller coaster area today. It is back to normal. We did leave one log obstacle but made a "go around" for the beginners and Richard.
Jeff Goudeau

twagner

Post by twagner » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:51 am

Sorry it took so long, but here are some images from just after the water started to go down.

twagner

Post by twagner » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:55 am

Crap, the file was too big. I will try to change the format and try again later.