Condition Of Clear Springs

gary g

Condition Of Clear Springs

Post by gary g » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:02 pm

Does anyone know if Clear Springs is rideable?

clay

Re: Condition Of Clear Springs

Post by clay » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:16 pm

Clear springs is not and will not be rideable for quite some time. The only way it gets cleaned up is through a bidding process because it is federal government property. Normal people are not allowed out there with chainsaws to clean it up, so we must just sit back and wait. You can check at

http://www.msmtb.org/forum/ for updates.

Drummerboy

Post by Drummerboy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:47 am

Clear Springs will be ready in 4 weeks or less. FS clearing the race course for the 24 which is richardson , mill branch and part of tally's loop.

b.a.r.k.

Post by b.a.r.k. » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:19 am

We rode Clear Springs this weekend. We camped (in a tent) Friday night during the down pour and thought that the trails would be unrideable. If you were driving in this type of rain you would have pulled over on the side of the road. After than much rain I am convinced that Clear Springs can never be too wet to ride. We only ran Richardson but it was a blast. Mills and Tally are currently closed but we couldnt figure out why.
There were lots of hunters and dogs out so if you are going ride this time of year make sure you have ATLEAST a hunter orange vest. We spooked a couple of hunters along the trail. They probably wont mistake you for a deer but you anything to avoid a stray bullet. If we saw the dogs we high-tailed it away from them but we still heard a couple rounds let off from a distance.

xcul8r

Post by xcul8r » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:04 am

A buddy of mine went to ride monday 3/2/09 and reported to me that the trails were closed for burning. I gave him directions to the Mt. Zion trails which are open and acording to him, are in good shape.

head slick

Post by head slick » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:38 pm

Rode about 30 miles today, trails are in great shape.

ap

Post by ap » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:50 pm

Richardson/Mills are in great shape. I counted only 3 small puddles.