Gunshots heard.

elchoopanebre

Gunshots heard.

Post by elchoopanebre » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:16 am

This Saturday me and a few buddies rode Hooper, and then Comite.

When we were on the Hooper trail we heard several gunshots in the woods. People aren't supposed to be firing weapons anywhere near that trail...right?

I wasn't paranoid or anything but I just thought someone might find this of interest/concern.

Charley Rome
BRAMBA Member

Re: Gunshots heard.

Post by Charley Rome » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:13 am

elchoopanebre wrote:This Saturday me and a few buddies rode Hooper, and then Comite.

When we were on the Hooper trail we heard several gunshots in the woods. People aren't supposed to be firing weapons anywhere near that trail...right?

I wasn't paranoid or anything but I just thought someone might find this of interest/concern.
Was it a shotgun? I hear shotguns all the time while riding. It sounds like they are coming from the other side of the Comite river. When I hear them, I half expect to feel a rain of pellets on me. Hasn't happened yet, but it does kind of scare me.
If you can't be fast, at least have fun.

slowbrandon

Post by slowbrandon » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:40 am

Someone does shoot on the other side of Comite. I have heard them many times on River Run and it seems like they are on top of us. Of course it is nothing like the time we came across a guy squirrel hunting on the trail who shot toward us - maybe shot about 15 feet in front of us. Called the Sheriff but they would not get out of their cars - they were just waiting for him to walk out...

Monkey Boy

Post by Monkey Boy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:30 pm

Trust me, they're hunting ON hooper too.

Either Thanksgiving or New Years week (forget which) I was in town mid-week and ran into 2 old guys hunting on Hooper by the pond. Met them right by the horse tie up. It was pretty damn clear they were on public land but didn't seem to give a damn when I told them other people were in the woods riding. The old black dude even gave me a "go 'head on boy" and they kept walking toward the main trail. :lol: They'd obviously done it many many times on week days when nobody was around. They had the shotguns and I didn't so they kept on hunting and I headed the other way. :roll: By the time I rode another lap at Comite their truck was gone so I didn't bother calling it in.
"(Bleep)...that's gonna leave a mark." C.Farley

LynnGray

Post by LynnGray » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:49 pm

StompinStu

Post by StompinStu » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:03 pm

LynnGray wrote:Operation Game Thief
Easier said than done when they have shotguns and you have a frame mounted air pump.

I just hope they aren't shooting the cougars!!!

LynnGray

Post by LynnGray » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Fun I love, but too much fun is of all things the most loathsome. Mirth is better than fun, and happiness is better than mirth.
William Blake
Last edited by LynnGray on Fri May 28, 2010 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

lab rat

Post by lab rat » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:42 pm

I think the capturing part is what is giving him trouble!!!! (sorry Stu - I could not pass that up)
Jeff Goudeau

Richard Thomas
BRAMBA Member

Post by Richard Thomas » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:11 am

Owned!

Richard