Comite trail - CAUTION !!!!

slowbrandon

Comite trail - CAUTION !!!!

Post by slowbrandon » Wed May 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Tree down in a REALLY bad spot. When leaving the xtrail you take the drop, cross the little bridge, make a hard left that brings you to the new climb. Right in the middle of the turn where you CAN NOT SEE is a big tree down. Too big to go over at that speed. If you do not stop you will wreck like the 6+ people did today at it. It sucks. You are in turbo from the down and it is just about impossible to stop fully. Hopefully it will be cut out the next time you ride but just in case be cautious at that section.

btw, parking lot was full after work today! Awesome!

Holly

Re: Comite trail - CAUTION !!!!

Post by Holly » Wed May 13, 2009 10:59 pm

I'd just like to say, for the record, that I did manage an awesome power slide, (still clipped in, unfortunately) ending up parallel to and beneath the afore mentioned tree. The highlight of it all was Jeff didn't even run me over as I lay there recovering from my shock and mild disbelief! But, yes, that tree is in practically the worst spot possible.

I'd just like to use this opportunity to say how thankful I was to be in the right place at the right time to be able to demonstrate such unselfish self-sacrifice for the sake of those behind me... a simple thank you will suffice... :lol:

BTW, nice job on the "hold up a sec"/you go ahead and pass/evil plan for my demise from the very start of the ride Jeff, smooth move. Those guys in the parking lot told you exactly where that tree was down didn't they? Tell the truth now. :D
I don't know why you always have to be judging me, because I only believe in science.

lab rat

Post by lab rat » Thu May 14, 2009 12:39 pm

I had to do something to slow you down so I could keep up. However you got me back when we were riding down the connection trail and you said "why don't you go ahead Jeff - let the briars tear up you legs since my legs are prettier".
Jeff Goudeau

Ryan B.

Post by Ryan B. » Thu May 14, 2009 12:56 pm

lab rat wrote:I had to do something to slow you down so I could keep up. However you got me back when we were riding down the connection trail and you said "why don't you go ahead Jeff - let the briars tear up you legs since my legs are prettier".
This is flippin ridiculous. Holly's legs are attractive but Jeff, yours are FABULOUS. Don't you EVER think anything different - you know how many girls would kill for such smokin hotness?

I don't want to ever hear of such an atrocity again. Jeff never rides point again.

I have spoken.

Ryan

Oh and as to stay on topic, how's about you sissies learn to bunny hop and just fly over the tree. I don't care if it's after a blind turn. If it's still there 8 months from now I'll show you how to do it. In the mean time I need a nap.
BRAMBA Facebook Group

I'm sorry I turned Holly into an atheist and made her move to the wilderness.

lab rat

Post by lab rat » Thu May 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Thanks Ryan, you made me blush but watch how you talk on the forum - Richard may get jealous. :wink:
Jeff Goudeau

LynnGray

Post by LynnGray » Thu May 14, 2009 4:01 pm

Art is not the application of a canon of beauty but what the instinct and the brain can conceive beyond any canon. When we love a woman we don't start measuring her limbs.
Pablo Picasso
Last edited by LynnGray on Fri May 28, 2010 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan B.

Post by Ryan B. » Thu May 14, 2009 4:11 pm

BRAMBA Facebook Group

Holly

Post by Holly » Fri May 15, 2009 1:07 am

Yeah, well, I'm beginning to wonder...
From now on I'm just going to ride in the back and have enough breath to mock all of the guys in front of me (all in good fun, of course!)... I just think it will be much more enjoyable that way. That way I'll have a great front row seat to all of the spills and thrills of our "group rides" out there. Also, given all of the trees yet to be discovered and all the scratchy briars to be beaten down on the trails ahead, it's at least much safer, if a bit dustier, in the back. :D
And, Lynn, talk about the pot calling the kettle black, let's not forget your prior confession of, "I was operating under the assumption that everyone already knew I was gay..." you see, there you have it folks, straight from Mr. Gay, oh, I'm sorry, that was a typo... Mr. Gray, himself...

(This is my last off topic post Burns! I promise!)
Last edited by Holly on Fri May 15, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know why you always have to be judging me, because I only believe in science.

lab rat

Post by lab rat » Fri May 15, 2009 8:23 am

holly wrote: (This is my last off topic post Burns! I promise!)
That is funny!!!!
Jeff Goudeau

reddog
BRAMBA Member

Post by reddog » Fri May 15, 2009 8:30 am

Holly, the Forum has been so slow lately I was enjoying the whity(sp) banter.

Besides I'm not a total Nazi.
Burns Decker
BREC Cycling Manager
Kerry Stamey Mountain Bike Trail System

Just put me back on my bike!!!!

reddog
BRAMBA Member

Post by reddog » Fri May 15, 2009 4:16 pm

The big bad tree is gone.I couldn't stand the thought of Ryan or Jeff learning new skilz from Holly. By the way Jarrett I posted this from my Curve out at the trailhead. If anyone was thinking of.riding this afternoon forget it it's about to come a gully washin'.
Burns Decker
BREC Cycling Manager
Kerry Stamey Mountain Bike Trail System

Just put me back on my bike!!!!

lab rat

Post by lab rat » Fri May 15, 2009 5:36 pm

Thanks Burns, now I have too find a different way to sabatoge her!
Jeff Goudeau

StompinStu

Post by StompinStu » Fri May 15, 2009 10:53 pm

reddog wrote:The big bad tree is gone.I couldn't stand the thought of Ryan or Jeff learning new skilz from Holly. By the way Jarrett I posted this from my Curve out at the trailhead. If anyone was thinking of.riding this afternoon forget it it's about to come a gully washin'.
Trails were fine about 6:30 PM......or so I was told.

Ryan B.

Post by Ryan B. » Fri May 15, 2009 11:19 pm

StompinStu wrote:Trails were fine about 6:30 PM......or so I was told.
I heard the same from a Reliable Source.
BRAMBA Facebook Group